Wednesday, July 22, 2009

O, What a Life?!



This blog will be slightly shorter because I am sitting up, all cuddly in bed finally, watching Fox News at 1:27AM about Obama's healthcare push speech this evening, his consistent teleprompter reading and not having read the bill made me so confident in the reason that he was elected last year.

Anywho, today was lobbying day on Capitol Hill. We met with Congressman Putnam and Bucanan, and pointed out a couple of Saction Acts

-ok, i'm very upset right now- my entire blog just got deleted.. i didnt finish last night, so I got up this morning and was doing it, it was saying autosave, but it wasn't auto saving...:( thats sad, so you won't get much today because I can't recreate that magic!

But anywho, the acts and points were about not giving oil to Iran.. they are the largest exportors, but they import 40% of their own gasoline.... not allowing them to enrich uranium, they claim to be able to have a nuclear weapon by the end of the year, most say they probably have one now. Once they have all this, they will then be able to sell that recipe to other countries which, well, is self explainatory, and by that point it is just a waiting game to who fires first. Chances are, that because our great Mr. President is making our country look like wimps with weak military, no one will be scared to start picking on us! The last point was to quit pressuring Israel to give up land for peace. This is proven ineffective in 1990's, 2000, and 2005, when peaces was still not given after they gave up, most recently Gaza strip. These surrounding countries do not want peace, if they wanted peace, there would be peace. enough of that.

*you missed the real soap box on the first draft...but like i said.. magic can't be recreated :-) *

After our time on Capitol Hill we all headed back to hotel rooms to rest, and I snuck away to Starbucks in the Renaissance with a friend. It was a great time to catch up and get some of the greatest and most practical wisdom I know. On my way out of the lobby, however, there was a little lost bird in the revolving door lol... he scared me so bad, because I was going up the stairs and reaction is to just go straight through the door, but there was my new little friend, deciding if he wanted to hop on in...

Later Jay and I walked around DC, soaking in the last moments of our being here. It was interesting to me that there were Iranian's outside the White House, protesting for the same things that we lobbied for. They desperately want to see a democratic Iran, and are begging for help in that. They want Obama to not recognize Acmadenijad as a President, because he was not voted for by the people, they want to see divestment by American companies, and they want to see Iran no in posession of a nuclear bomb. If that doesn't show civilians for peace and a corrupt government, I don't know what does!

The ended with a great time of The Bachelorette, hanging out with my BFF, and off to bed!! (That's the short version)... but once again... magic.

I am now procrastinating once again- it's what I do best- not wanting to pack, and about to head off to destination 2- Houston!!! I cannot wait to see my Aunt Pam and family..it has been at least 2 years!! I am so excited!!

be blessed.

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment