Sunday, July 19, 2009

the journey begins...

Well, well, well... I've decided to become a blogger, in order to document my journey the next few weeks. It has been an interesting trip already, and I feel so blessed to be here. As all of my Facebook family knows, I have been "half-packing" for about two weeks now, and finally finished last night after making chocolate chip cookies home made and downsizing the clothing load a few times. This morning we left around 10AM, which was a great time to fly. Apparently no one chooses the 1PM time to be in the airport, which was perfect for me. There was a little girl sitting in front of us who was so cute and flirting with Jason with her cute smile through her pacifier. She reminded me of my niece Zebriah, who I will get to see in just a few days!! Jason and I sped straight through lines, gates, and the non crowds, and after a shaky landing, are now in Washington, DC!!

Charlene, Dan, and Daniel were already here, and tired from sight seeing, so we went in search of lunch and found a great sale at Urban Outfitters- 50% off of 50% off! Praise HIM!! 

AFter lunch and registration, we came back to freshen up, and made the boys wait for us so that we weren't wondering the streets alone :-) But gave them cookies to make up for it!

 We had a meet and greet with CUFI on Campus where I saw Michael Onifer from Eagles Wings, who is the Director of The Israel Experience, and Donier Tyler who was part of my trip last year. It was so good to see them, and hear all the new things going on!

Not much to say tonight, so much ahead to come! After here, it will be off to Houston to see Aunt Pam and family, home to Dallas to see the fam, journey through NY, Poland, and Israel, then over to CALI for Emerson Fellowship training, then back home to Lakeland to start school!

 I am so excited and can't wait to keep everyone updated on what's going on! We are all done with official business, early meeting at 8:30 AM, and now off to chow down on some pizza, shower, and get into comfy pjs!

...all in a day's work!
goodnight!

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment